Almond Rice Pilaf
This wonderful almond rice pilaf recipe is a great accompaniment to many recipes.
The Martha Stewart Show, March Spring 2008
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cups white rice
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Bring chicken broth and 1 cup water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Pour heated chicken broth mixture over rice and cover saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until all the liquid has evaporated, about 17 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and fluff with a fork; season with salt. Stir in cilantro and almonds; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.