Everyday Food, October 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Simple Icing (http://www.marthastewart.com/255973/simple-icing)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. With an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add flour, sugar, and cocoa; mix just until combined. (Chill dough in the refrigerator 10 minutes if it is too soft to handle.)
- Pat dough into an 8-inch round cake pan; press edges down with the tines of a floured fork. Bake until firm, 30 minutes. Immediately score into eight wedges; cool completely. Turn out of pan; break wedges apart. Decorate with icing .
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.