Chopped Summer Salad
If you can't find baby cherry tomatoes, use the common variety, and quarter them.
Martha Stewart Living, June 1998
- 2 large heads endive, sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 1 large Kirby cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cups baby cherry red and yellow tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch-long matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon raspberry or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Slice endive into 1/2-inch-thick pieces, and transfer to a large bowl. Add cucumber, parsley, mint, cilantro, tomatoes, and red pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Whisk in olive oil until combined.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss to combine. Serve salad over a dish of herbed veal chops.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.