Try the rice pilaf with sauteed chicken.
Everyday Food, May 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium. Add rice. Cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Add water or reduced-sodium chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in currants and almonds. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.