Grilled Lamb Chops
Ask your butcher to "french" your lamb chops -- remove the excess fat from the rib bone -- or do it at home by rubbing the blade of a knife along the rib bone.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 rib lamb chops, about 1 1/4 pounds, frenched
- Canola oil, for grill pan
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, cilantro, parsley, red-pepper flakes, lemon zest, turmeric, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Season lamb chops with salt, and coat well with herb paste. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Oil grill pan with a paper towel dampened with canola oil. Place lamb chops on heated pan, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for rare.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.