Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 6 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 2 cups heavy cream, warmed
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a medium pot; cover with water, and season with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, and let cool slightly. Peel potatoes, and pass through a ricer. Return potatoes to pot.
- Add cream and butter, and cook over medium heat until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Serve warm. (Potatoes can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reheat over low heat with a splash of cream.)
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.