Coconut Cupcakes with Seven-Minute Frosting and Coconut Flakes
These coconut-topped sweeties make eating dessert feel like a tropical vacation.
Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Seven-Minute Frosting (http://www.marthastewart.com/283494/seven-minute-frosting)
- 1 1/3 cups large-flake unsweetened coconut
- Make cupcakes as directed in Basic Cupcake How-To, adding sweetened coconut to dry ingredients, and using coconut milk and vanilla for wet ingredients. Once cupcakes are cool, mound frosting on tops. Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.