Burgers with Lime and Red-Onion Relish
Everyday Food, November 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (preferably chuck)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices toast
- Make relish: In a large mixing bowl, combine onion and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly; set aside to marinate, about 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Make burgers: In a mixing bowl, gently combine ground beef and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal-size patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high, until water droplets sizzle. Add patties; cover. Cook until golden brown, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes total. Place each patty on a slice of toast, and garnish with onion relish.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.