Middle Eastern Platter
Everyday Food, June 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 or 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 English cucumber (about 1 pound), seeded and diced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 container (8 ounces) store-bought hummus
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1 cup black olives, such as kalamata, pitted
- 4 pita breads (6-inch)
- Prep: In a small container, combine lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. In a medium container, combine tomatoes, cucumber, and parsley; place onion in a separate plastic bag. If preparing this recipe in advance, see storage instructions (below).
- Serve: Add onion and dressing to vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve with hummus (sprinkled with paprika and remaining olive oil), feta (thickly sliced), olives, and pita.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.