Sesame Shrimp and Noodles
Put the water on to boil before you prepare all the ingredients, then cook the shrimp and vegetables at the same time as the pasta.
Everyday Food, October 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 1
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ounces medium shrimp
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together marmalade, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp, bell pepper, and scallions; toss to combine. Transfer to a rimmed (or toaster-oven) baking sheet, and spread in a single layer.
- Heat broiler (or toaster oven). Broil, 4 inches from heat source, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer contents of baking sheet to pot; toss with pasta to combine.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.