Use Jose Andres' mojo verde as a dipping sauce for his Wrinkled Potatoes.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
Yield Makes about 1/2 cup
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups well-packed chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry-wine vinegar
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic and salt to a smooth paste. Add cilantro leaves and cumin seeds; mash until well combined. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while continuing to mash, until all the olive oil is absorbed.
- Turning the pestle in a slow, circular motion around the mortar, drizzle in 2 teaspoons water and vinegar. Keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.