Candied Ginger Shortbread Wedges
This wonderful holiday recipe for candied ginger shortbread wedges can be found in Season's Eatings.
The Martha Stewart Show, December Fall 2008
Yield Makes 8 to 10 wedges
- 1 batch Basic Shortbread (http://www.marthastewart.com/283387/basic-shortbread)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon sanding sugar
- Prepare basic shortbread, sifting ground ginger and white pepper with the flour and salt. Add 1/2 cup crystallized ginger to creamed butter mixture before adding flour mixture. At the end of step 2, sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger and sanding sugar. Bake until firm and just starting to color, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into wedges. Cookies will keep, in an airtight container, at room temperature for 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.