Rib Eye with Garlic-Thyme Marinade
You can also try this recipe with different cuts of meat: strip, T-bone, porterhouse, or tenderloin.
Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grates
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (about 15 sprigs) fresh thyme leaves
- 2 rib-eye steaks, each about 1 pound and about 1 1/2 inches thick
- Coarse salt and pepper
- In a medium baking dish (or bowl), combine oil, garlic, and thyme. Add steaks, and turn to coat. Cover dish and refrigerate; let marinate, turning steaks occasionally, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Heat grill to medium-high; lightly oil grates. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off (discard marinade); season with salt and pepper. Place steak on grill; cover. Cook, turning once, until meat is desired doneness, 12 to 16 minutes for medium-rare.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.