Spice-Rubbed Grilled Chicken
After applying the rub, you can either grill chicken immediately or let it sit and develop more flavor. Serve with Mixed Tomato Salad if desired.
Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- 4 chicken drumsticks and 4 thighs (3 pounds total)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grates
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup All-Purpose Spice Rub (http://www.marthastewart.com/281191/all-purpose-spice-rub)
- Place chicken drumsticks and thighs in a shallow baking dish. Carefully slide fingers under skin to loosen it from the meat. Rub chicken all over with oil. Season with All-Purpose Spice Rub both under and over skin, patting in gently. Proceed to step 2 right away, or cover chicken and let rest for up to 24 hours. Cover and refrigerate if resting longer than 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-low. Oil grates; grill chicken, covered, turning frequently to prevent charring, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part (avoiding bone) registers 175 degrees, 20 to 30 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.