Lemony Smashed Potatoes
Everyday Food, May 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 3 pounds small red new potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Set a steamer basket in a saucepan with 1 inch simmering water. Add potatoes, cover, and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife, about 25 minutes. Lightly smash potatoes, toss with oil and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.