Everyday Food, May 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped (packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium. Add scallions; cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, chicken broth, and 1 cup water. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cover; cook until rice is tender and has absorbed liquid, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes more.
- Fluff with a fork; fold in cilantro.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.