Sweet Sesame Wonton Crisps
Serve these crisp wontons as an alternative to fortune cookies. If you like, use round wrappers instead of square.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 8 square wonton wrappers, thawed if frozen
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons white or black sesame seeds, or a mixture
- 1 pint sorbet, such as mango, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange wonton wrappers in a single layer on baking sheet, and set aside.
- Stir together sugar, ginger, and salt in a small bowl; set aside. Whisk together the egg yolk and cream in another small bowl. Brush wontons with egg wash, and sprinkle each with about 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds and scant 1/4 teaspoon sugar mixture. Bake until wontons are golden and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack. Serve wonton crisps with sorbet.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.