Homemade Hamburger Buns
Use this recipe for homemade hamburger buns any time you grill out. They're perfect with Joey Campanaro's
The Martha Stewart Show, September Summer 2008
- Yield Makes about 1 dozen
- 3 cups warm water
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 ounce fresh yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- In a large bowl, mix together water, molasses, yeast, and oil until yeast has dissolved. Slowly add flour, mixing until a dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface; knead until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Return dough to bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing plastic wrap onto the surface of the dough. Let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Divide dough evenly into 12 pieces and roll into balls. Place balls of dough on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart and cover with plastic wrap; let stand in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Fill a spray bottle with cold water and generously moisten each ball of dough. Transfer to oven and bake until brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.