Grilled Lamb Chops and Vegetable Kebabs
Before using, soak wooden skewers in a shallow bowl of water, 30 minutes.
- Prep Time 40 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grates
- 2 medium zucchini (6 ounces each), sliced crosswise into 16 rounds
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 8 lamb rib chops (3 to 5 ounces each) or 4 shoulder chops (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Assemble four 8-inch-long presoaked wooden skewers; alternately thread zucchini, cut side down, and tomatoes. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place couscous in a medium bowl. Cover with 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Stir, and cover tightly with plastic wrap; let stand 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork to combine. Cover again to keep warm; set aside.
- Place lamb chops on baking sheet with kebabs. Rub both sides of chops with coriander; season with salt and pepper. Place chops and kebabs on grill. Cook, turning once, until chops are browned and cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side (for medium rare), and vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Serve chops and kebabs with couscous and, if desired, lemon wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.