Seared Salmon with Garlicky Green Beans
Fishing for a fast seafood supper? Turn a salmon steak and a handful of green beans into a prize catch. A teaspoon of ground pepper helps give this salmon its dark crust. You need only one skillet to cook both the salmon and green beans.
Everyday Food, April 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 1
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 salmon steak (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high. Add garlic, and cook until golden brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to a plate; wipe out skillet.
- Add green beans and 3 tablespoons water to skillet; cover, and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain any liquid from skillet. Season green beans with salt and pepper. Add to plate with garlic, toss, and cover loosely with foil.
- Return skillet to medium-high; add 1 teaspoon oil. Season salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; add to skillet. Cover, and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer salmon to plate with green beans.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.