- 2 1/2 cups mache (2 to 3 packages) or tender baby lettuce leaves
- 1 ball (10 ounces) fresh buffalo mozzarella, halved lengthwise, sliced 1/2-inch thick crosswise
- 2 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, trimmed and sliced into rounds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place mache on a platter, and arrange mozzarella and radishes on top. Sprinkle with scallions. Just before serving, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with the oil.
Other fresh mozzarella (made from cow's milk), including bocconcini, can be substituted.