Bitter-Greens Salad Wrapped in Prosciutto
Serve the salad with thinly sliced prosciutto and roll the greens inside each piece. Chris Bianco likes La Quercia prosciutto, which is made in Iowa.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2009
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch red dandelion greens, trimmed (4 cups), or any bitter greens
- 3 ounces Medjool dates (about 12 small), halved and pitted
- 4 ounces Stilton blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Thinly sliced prosciutto, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss pecans with 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until fragrant and edges begin to darken, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Combine dandelion greens, dates, and half the Stilton in a bowl. Toss with lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange salad on a platter. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining cheese. Serve with prosciutto.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.