Chicken with Fennel and Tomato
Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 6 plum tomatoes, (about 1 pound), cored and cut in 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 fennel bulbs, (10 to 12 ounces each), halved, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise, fronds reserved (see note)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (about 8 ounces each)
- In a large, deep skillet, combine tomatoes, fennel, and wine; season with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer on top of vegetables, allowing as much space between pieces as possible; season with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet, and simmer gently until chicken is opaque throughout, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice chicken breasts, and serve on top of vegetable mixture; garnish with reserved fennel fronds.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.