Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
This delicious seasonal vegetable becomes sweet and nutty when browned. For the best flavor and texture, make the dish just before serving.
Everyday Food, November 2009
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pints brussels sprouts (2 pounds total), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.