Baked Polenta Fries
These delicious baked polenta fries can be made using tubes of prepared polenta found in the refrigerated section of local supermarkets.
Everyday Food, April 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tubes (18 ounces each) plain prepared polenta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, or dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Unwrap and cut each tube of polenta in half crosswise. Then cut each half lengthwise into 8 wedges.
- Drizzle olive oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place polenta wedges on baking sheet; season with salt and pepper, and turn gently to coat with oil. Arrange wedges in a single layer.
- Bake, turning once with a thin metal spatula, until golden and crisp, 45 to 50 minutes. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. Transfer to a shallow dish, and toss with Italian seasoning before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.