Sushi Rice in a Rice Cooker
- 4 cups kokuho rice, or other sushi rice
- About 4 cups spring water, for cooking rice
- Place rice in the rice-cooker liner. Add enough water to cover by 3 inches. Shake to release starch. Drain; and repeat process until water runs clear, 2 to 3 more times. Let rice rest for 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water (on the Zojirushi cooker this will come to the #4 line). Set liner into rice cooker, and close. Be sure that cooker is completely sealed. Start rice cooker.
- When rice cooker switches to "off" or "warm"position, after about 20 minutes, unplug cooker. Let rest 10 minutes, then fluff rice with a rice paddle. Let sit another 5 minutes, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.