Peach-and-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
This Southern-style sauce has a sunny sweetness -- and a bit of a bite.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2009
- 1 pound peaches, pitted and diced
- 1 cup water, plus more if needed
- 2/3 cup bourbon
- 3 cups Classic Barbecue Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/262448/classic-barbecue-sauce)
- Bring peaches and 1/2 cup water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until peaches are breaking down, 15 to 20 minutes. (If peaches get too dry, add more water, 2 tablespoons at a time, to prevent peaches from sticking and burning.)
- Remove from heat, and add bourbon. Return to medium heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add barbecue sauce, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Puree mixture in a blender. With blender running, slowly add remaining 1/2 cup water. Blend until mixture is smooth. Let cool, and refrigerate.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.