Banana Rice Pudding Treats
Martha Stewart Kids, Fall 2002
- 1 1/4 cups jasmine rice
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup vanilla wafers
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Line a 2-inch muffin tin with paper liners. Combine rice, milk, vanilla bean and scrapings, and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and most but not all of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add banana and sugar; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in egg yolk and 4 tablespoons butter. Transfer to a large bowl; discard vanilla bean. Cover with plastic; refrigerate 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Meanwhile, pulse vanilla wafers in a food processor, and transfer to a small bowl. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and toss well. Press 1 teaspoon mixture into each prepared muffin cup. Pour on chocolate to cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove cookie-crumb crusts from liners, and place on serving plates. Top each with 1 tablespoon pudding, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.