Grilled Vanilla Peaches
Enhancing the flavor of farm-stand summer peaches
requires little effort. Vanilla and brown sugar cook in
the peaches' natural juices inside a foil packet, forming
a fragrant glaze to coat the soft, warm fruit. Simply top
with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2009
- 8 freestone peaches
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Peel, halve, and pit peaches.
- Preheat grill to high. Combine lemon juice and vegetable oil in a bowl. Add peaches; toss to coat. Place peaches (with liquid) on a large piece of parchment-lined foil.
- Stir together brown sugar, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Brush over
peaches. Fold foil to form a packet, crimping edges to seal. Grill, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Slice peaches, and divide among 8 bowls. Top with scoops of ice cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.