This unique dessert recipe is courtesy of pastry chef Christina Tosi of Momofuku Milk Bar.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 7 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place cornflakes on a rimmed baking sheet and transfer to oven. Toast until browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place milk in a large airtight container. Add cornflakes and cover container. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Strain milk mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large container with a pourable spout; discard solids. Add salt and sugar to milk; using an immersion blender, blend until salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Pour cereal milk into a clean glass milk jug or pitcher. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.