This recipe for sweet dough is used to make a mouthwatering Neapolitan Easter Pie.
The Martha Stewart Show
Yield Makes enough for one 12-inch lattice-topped pie
- 1 1/2 pounds (just under 5 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 3 large eggs
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the orange zest. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until fully incorporated after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low, and beat in the dry ingredients. Turn the dough out onto a work surface. Divide dough, making sure one piece is slightly larger than the other. Place each piece of dough on a sheet of plastic wrap. Flatten, to form two discs. Wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.