Penne with Tomatoes and Olives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for pasta water
- 1 pound penne, or other chunky pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook pasta until al dente, according to manufacturers' directions.
- In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring until golden, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer pasta to skillet with tomatoes. Remove from heat. Stir in olives and parsley. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.