Broccoli Rabe with Mozzarella Crema
Broccoli rabe gets a savory coating of mozzarella in this family-friendly recipe from chef Mario Batali's "Molto Gusto" cookbook.
Also try: Linguini with Clams, Penne alla Puttanesca, and Spaghetti con la Sarde
Photo credit: Quentin Bacon
The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 5128
- Coarse salt
- 2 pounds broccoli rabe, stems trimmed
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, preferably with some of its brine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons salt and return to a boil. Add broccoli rabe and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water to stop cooking; drain well.
- Coarsely chop broccoli rabe; transfer to a serving bowl.
- Place mozzarella in a small bowl. Using a whisk, coarsely mash the mozzarella. Whisk in 2 tablespoons reserved brine or warm water. Slowly add olive oil, whisking until emulsified. Spoon over broccoli rabe; serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.