Beet, Pear, and Goat-Cheese Salad
When shopping for beets, look for roots that are firm with smooth skin and a deep red color. If the leafy greens are attached, they should be crisp and bright. Small beets are more tender than larger ones.
Everyday Food, September 2004
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 recipe <u>Basic Roasted Beets</u>
- 2 firm, ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored, and sliced 1/4 inch thick lengthwise
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together juice, vinegar, oil, and mustard; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange beets and pears on four serving plates. Drizzle with dressing. Scatter cheese and nuts over, and season with more pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.