Prosecco Cocktails with Red Vermouth and Blackberries
The famous Prosecco cocktail appears here as a blackberry variation, fortified by a touch of Italian red vermouth.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2009
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) blackberries
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) sweet red vermouth, preferably Cinzano Rosso
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) Prosecco, chilled
- Gently stir together blackberries, vermouth, and sugar in a bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until blackberries release juices and sugar dissolves, about 1 hour.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the blackberry juice and 4 blackberries into each of 6 Champagne flutes. Top each with Prosecco.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.