Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast
Strawberries are a good source of vitamin C, potassium, iron, and folic acid.
Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dark-brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- In a small bowl, toss 1 pint strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and thinly sliced, with 1 to 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark-brown sugar. Let sit at least 5 minutes to bring out the juices.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm 1 3/4 cups water, 1 3/4 cups milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in 2 cups quick-cooking oats; cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Ladle oatmeal into bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and some of the strawberries; sprinkle with brown sugar.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.