Tortellini With Sage Brown Butter
Everyday Food, October 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 pound cheese tortellini, (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook 1 pound cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen), according to package instructions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter until light brown in color, with a nutty smell, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add 16 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced; fry (off heat) until crispy, about 1 minute.
- Gently toss tortellini with brown-butter mixture. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.