Everyday Food, November 2003
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 (3-ounce) minute steaks
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Baguette bread, cut into four 6-inch pieces and split
- Peel, and cut onions into 1/2-inch-thick rings. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions, cook until brown and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; remove onions to a plate.
- Heat another tablespoon oil in same skillet over high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds on each side; remove steaks to plate. Add Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons water to skillet, scraping up browned bits; return onions to skillet and toss to coat.
- Cut up steaks; sandwich steak and onions between bread.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.