Turkey Sandwich with Apple and Havarti
Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 turkey cutlets, (4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cup Peach-Ginger Chutney with Golden Raisins (http://www.marthastewart.com/260901/peach-ginger-chutney-with-golden-raisins), or store-bought mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 pumpernickel bread
- 1 cup grated Havarti cheese
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- Red-leaf lettuce
- Heat broiler. On a baking sheet, toss turkey cutlets with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Broil until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate; wipe sheet with paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine chutney and mustard. Place bread slices on sheet. Layer 4 slices with chutney mixture, turkey, Havarti cheese, and apple.
- Broil until cheese melts and bread is toasted, 5 minutes. Top with lettuce and remaining toast.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.