Everyday Food, May 2004
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over low heat. Add rice; cook, stirring occasionally, until grains start to color, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2/3 cup water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in cheese and zest.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.