Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting and Jelly
Martha Stewart Living, February 2009
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Frosting (http://www.marthastewart.com/260871/peanut-butter-frosting)
- Strawberry jam, for topping
- Make cupcakes as directed in Basic Cupcake How-To, adding peanut butter before adding eggs. Use sour cream and vanilla as wet ingredients. Once cupcakes are cool, frost tops with peanut butter frosting. Place a dollop of jam in center of frosting. Decorated cupcakes will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.