Ice Cream with Sweet Sherry Sauce
This grown-up sundae melds cream sherry and honey into a syrupy sauce that plumps up dried
fall fruits, turning an everyday scoop into an extravagance. Cream sherry is a rich, sweet, dark version of sherry, and it can be found at most wine stores.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2007
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Makes 1 cup sauce
- 1/2 cup cream sherry
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried figs (any variety), halved
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Heat sherry and honey in a saucepan over low heat, stirring, until warm. Stir in raisins, figs, and currants. Cover, and remove from heat. Let stand for 20 minutes. Stir in almonds.
- Divide ice cream among bowls. Pour sauce over top.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.