Broccoli Rabe, Carrot, and Radicchio Salad
The sweetness of the carrots and honey is a good contrast to the bitterness of the broccoli rabe and radicchio.
Martha Stewart Living, March 1995
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli rabe, tough stems removed and cut into 4-inch lengths
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 small carrots, sliced into thin strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 head of radicchio, thinly sliced crosswise (1 1/4 cups)
- Bring 3 1/2 quarts cold water to a boil in a large pot and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add broccoli rabe and cook until just tender, about 1 1/2 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl of ice water. Drain again and place on paper towels to absorb remaining water.
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, and olive oil. Season with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Combine broccoli rabe, carrots, and radicchio in a medium bowl. Add vinaigrette, toss well, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.