Martha Stewart Living, November 2006
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Homemade Giblet Stock (http://www.marthastewart.com/261562/homemade-giblet-stock), or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pour off fat from the turkey roasting pan, reserving 3 tablespoons. Place pan over 2 burners. Scrape any black bits from bottom; discard. Add wine; bring to a boil, and cook, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon, until it bubbles. Pour into a liquid measuring cup.
- Put reserved fat and the flour into a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking until mixture becomes a paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Whisk in reserved liquid in a steady stream. Whisk in stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Strain into a warmed gravy boat, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.