Limey Apricot Rum Cooler
Martha Stewart Living, July
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lime zest (about 6 limes)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons, freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 cups apricot nectar, chilled
- 1 1/4 cups white rum
- In a food processor, pulse lime zest with the sugar until finely ground. Measure out 1/4 cup mixture; transfer the rest to a shallow dish. Pour 2 tablespoons lime juice into another dish. Dip rims of four glasses in juice, then in sugar mixture, coating well.
- In a blender, puree apricot nectar, rum, remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, reserved zest 1/4 cup mixture, and 2 cups ice. Divide among prepared glasses, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.