Crisp Vegetable Tea Sandwiches
You can change the flavor of these simple sandwiches by varying the herbs you add to the cream cheese. Any favorites will work well alone or in combination.
Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2000
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, basil, tarragon, or mint
- 8 slices wheat bread
- 1 piece (4 inches) cucumber, very thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 radishes, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Place cream cheese and herbs in a bowl; stir with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on 4 slices of bread; layer with cucumber and radish slices. Spread remaining slices of bread with butter. Place, butter side facing down, on radishes. Trim crusts; cut sandwiches in half.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.