To prepare this sauce up to two days ahead of time, combine everything except the fresh herbs and refrigerate. Add the cilantro and parsley just before serving.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2006
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (preferably from ancho chilies)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Put all the ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.