Sauteed Apples with Thyme
Turn fruit into a seasonal side dish with this easy recipe.
Everyday Food, October 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3 McIntosh apples, or Golden Delicious apples (or a mix of both)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Core apples. Cut each apple into 8 wedges; halve wedges crosswise.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and 1 teaspoon each fresh thyme leaves and grated lemon zest; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until apples are just tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 3 to 5 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.