This delicious recipe for shrimp scampi is courtesy of Patsy's owner, Sal Scognomillo.
The Martha Stewart Show, December Holiday 2007
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 jumbo shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and deveined
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup clam juice or broth
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs (http://www.marthastewart.com/255920/seasoned-breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt butter in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until well coated with butter and garlic, 1 to 2 minutes. Add lemon juice, clam juice, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle shrimp with paprika. Transfer skillet to broiler and broil until shrimp are lightly browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove skillet from broiler, top with breadcrumbs and drizzle with oil. Return skillet to broiler and broil until breadcrumbs are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.