This shrimp scampi is fashion designer Dennis Basso's traditional Christmas Eve dish. Try serving it with his River Salad.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2009
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 pounds colossal shrimp, tail-on, deveined, rinsed, and dried
- 3/4 cup Clarified Butter (http://www.marthastewart.com/282415/clarified-butter)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large, nonreactive bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, wine, garlic, parsley, and paprika; season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and transfer to refrigerator. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and transfer to a shallow baking dish. Transfer remaining marinade to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Pour over shrimp.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon butter over each shrimp and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Broil until shrimp are opaque, 4 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.